Coffee constitutes an essential part of the morning routine for a lot of individuals; it’s the most trusted option to get rid of the morning lethargy and put your brain on work mode.
However, excessive caffeine consumption can be a source of various physical and psychological problems. Inarguably, these health-related issues stem from the high caffeine content per coffee serving. A lot of regular coffee drinkers complain of digestive distress, headaches, and even about jitters.
For those of you looking to switch from your regular morning cup of coffee to a healthier option without compromising on the taste, here we have a list of some delicious coffee alternatives you can try.
- Chicory coffee: It has a similar taste to coffee but is caffeine-free and contains high fibre content which is beneficial for your metabolism.
- Matcha Tea: It has incredibly valuable antioxidant properties and also comes in caffeine-free variants.
- Golden Milk: As the name suggests, it is an entirely caffeine-free alternative with anti-inflammatory properties.
- Lemon Water: A healthy and hassle-free option to refresh yourself in the morning. One or two drops of pure lemon oil in a half-pint of water will do.
- Chai Tea: A standard beverage in South Asia, Chai tea is a spiced black tea with intense flavours and minimal caffeine content.